Toxics or lures? Biological and behavioral effects of plant essential oils on Tephritidae fruit flies
The family Tephritidae (Diptera) includes species that are highly invasive and harmful to crops. Due to globalization, international trade, and human displacement, their spread is con- tinuously increasing. Unfortunately, the control of tephritid flies is still closely linked to the use of synthetic insecticides, which are responsible for detrimental effects on the environment and human health. Recently, research is looking for alternative and more eco-friendly tools to be adopted in Integrat...
Lactuca longidentata Moris (Asteraceae) is an endemic species growing only on Mesozoic limestone of central Sardinia. In the present study, the essential oil of the epigeal part of the plant was analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The main volatile components were α-terpineol (27.64%) and limonene (25.8%). The essential oils showed a noteworthy ability of scavenging free radical species (1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) test systems) with a mean half maximal inhibito...
Tuberculosis is a worldwide zoonosis involving a wide range of hosts among domestic and wild animals. We describe tuberculosis caused by Mycobacterium bovis in a wild porcupine (Hystrix cristata) found dead in the district of Macerata, Marche Region, Italy in 2019.
Oxidative stress in lymphoma: similarities and differences between dog and human between dog and human
In the last 20 years, an increasing interest toward oxidative stress has been documented in order to investigate their direct or indirect involvement in several mechanisms regarding oncogenesis and lymphomas in particular. The aim of this paper was to evaluate oxidative stress in dogs affected by malignant lymphoma in comparison to a control group, to investigate what factors can affect this status, and to point out similarities and differences with human. Forty-eight samples from fou...
Parathyroid Carcinoma and Adenoma Co-existing in One Patient: Case Report and Comparative Proteomic Analysis
Background/Aim: The lack of specific parathyroid carcinoma (PC) biomarkers in clinical practice points out the importance of analyzing the proteomic signature of this cancer. We performed a comparative proteomic analysis of PC and parathyroid adenoma (PA) co-existing in the same patient. Patients and Methods: PC and PA were taken from a 63-year-old patient. Using two-dimensional differential gel electrophoresis (2D-DIGE) coupled to mass spectrometry we examined the differences between PC and ...
- 01 PUBBLICAZIONE SU RIVISTA14367
- 05 ATTO DI CONVEGNO SU VOLUME3784
- 03 CONTRIBUTO SPECIFICO IN VOLUME3593
- 06 ALTRO3017
- 04 ATTO DI CONVEGNO SU RIVISTA880
- 02 LIBRO654
- 08 CURATELE485
- 09 TESI DI DOTTORATO302
- 07 BREVETTO107
- PHYSICAL REVIEW A183
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS136
- INFORMATORE BOTANICO ITALIANO128
- ATTI DELLA SOCIETA' ITALIANA DELL...127
- JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY118
- INORGANICA CHIMICA ACTA94
- PHYSICAL REVIEW. B, CONDENSED MAT...94
- PHYSICAL REVIEW. B, CONDENSED MATTER85
- CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM GRAVITY81
- GIORNALE BOTANICO ITALIANO80
Data di pubblicazione
- In corso di stampa26
- 2020 - 20222445
- 2010 - 201912393
- 2000 - 20097834
- 1990 - 19993440
- 1980 - 1989942
- 1970 - 1979107
- 1968 - 19692
Prodotti più visti
- VALUTAZIONE DI UN NUOVO PROBIOTICO (VSL#3) NEL TRATTAMENTO DELL‘IBD DEL CANE HISTOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS OF A NEW PROBIOTIC (VSL#3) IN CANINE IBD
- PURO E SEMPLICE: L'ARCHITETTURA DEL NEO BRUTALISMO
- La plasmina nel latte: significato fisiologico e conseguenze sulla qualità
- VARIANTE GENERALE PRG DI ROSETO DEGLI ABRUZZI
- Lezioni di Tecnica delle Costruzioni
- La condizione giuridica della donna romana: ancora una riflessione
- Studi Geologici Camerti "Evoluzione geomorfologica e tettonica quaternaria dlel'Appennino centro-meridionale"
- La malattia di Sever (Apofisiolisi Calcaneale) nel cane: descrizione di 6 casi clinici.
- Determinazione dell'Azoto Basico Volatile Totale (ABVT) e correlazione con lo stato di conservazione in alcuni prodotti della pesca
- Metal tie-rods and anchor plates in old buildings: structural elements with high aesthetic impact.
Prodotti più scaricati
- Lezioni di Tecnica delle Costruzioni
- Fighting obesity in children from European world health organization member states. Epidemiological data, medical-social aspects, and prevention programs
- GEOMETRY IN MOTION. BETWEEN RESEARCH, EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- Impact of faulting in siliciclastics: a case study in a turbidite succession
- Biochemical and clinical relevance of alpha lipoic acid: antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity, molecular pathways and therapeutic potential
- The Effect of the Association between Donepezil and Choline Alphoscerate on Behavioral Disturbances in Alzheimer's Disease: Interim Results of the ASCOMALVA Trial
- RDF2Vec: RDF graph embeddings and their applications
- Primers on nutrigenetics and nutri(epi)genomics: Origins and development of precision nutrition
- Application of metal − organic frameworks
- Knowledge and Attitudes on Food Hygiene among Food Services Staff on Board Ships